Sunday Talks

Our family spoke on Sunday in Sacrament Meeting. Emily first, then Gracie, then Diana, a rest hymn, and then I spoke. After the sacrament was 45 minutes, Emily and Gracie took 1 minute each, then Diana spoke for 7 minutes -- a rest hymn was 4-5 minutes, that left the rest of the time for me.... just like usual. I talked the whole time, so I guess it went well.


Emily did a great job. She had about 3 paragraphs of text that she read and only stumbled over property (prophecy) and association (administration).


Gracie also did well. Her talk was written like this:


My name is Gracie.


John the Baptist restored the priesthood to Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery on May 15th 1829 on the banks of the Susquehanna River.

In the Name of Jesus Christ, Amen.


It actually went more like this:


Grace: My name is Gracie, Joseph Smith…

Me: John the Baptist…

Grace: John the Baptist restored the…

Me: Priesthood…

Grace: Priesthood to Joseph Smith and Oliver CowHerdry on July 16th…

Me: May 15th…

Grace: May July 15th 1829…

Me: On the…

Grace: On the banks of the suksqwanna river, nameofjesuschristamen.


I was really proud of her, for being almost 4, to speak at all in front of a full chapel was impressive.

Comments