Oct 6, 2010

Tilt Shift

Tilt shift photography uses a special lens that encompasses two different types of movements: rotation of the lens plane relative to the image plane, called tilt, and movement of the lens parallel to the image plane, called shift. The lenses start at about $1200 like this Canon TS-E 45mm or the Canon TS-E 17mm for $2200. Normally, this is used for taking pictures of tall buildings without the parallel lines converging, but you can also use them to make pretend miniature model scenes. You can "fake" this effect with a series of actions in Photoshop, which is what I did; since I am not Mr. Moneybags. It turned out pretty well, especially for a first attempt. What do you think?


  1. Love it Geoff. So cool!

  2. Geoff, it really did turn out quite well. Nicely done.

  3. Looks awesome! I have been dreaming of a tilt shift lens for years now. The iphone has an app that fakes it really well too.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...