The Single Dad (Day 1)

Diana flew to Florida for an extended girls weekend in honor of my sister-in-law Sharon's 40th birthday. We dropped her off and she slept over at my mom's house Wednesday night so she could go together to the airport in the morning.

Day 1.
Woke up at 7:30 (as usual) and Emily (10) got breakfast for the boys and Gracie. Then she made my lunch. I found out at lunch time, she slipped in the following note.






Sent the girls to school at 8:30, Becca's bus came at 8:40. Took the boys over to my sister-in-law's house and headed to work. Arrived at work at 9:05 and worked until 3:15. Headed home to be there when the kids got home from school. Pulled up just as the girls were walking down the street to the house. Got Becca off the bus about 1/2 hour later and we talked about school and what they did for the day. Worked on some stuff for work to make up for having to leave early for a couple hours, then we had dinner. Dinner was hoagies on hot dog buns. They all enjoyed it but Ethan who refused to eat the bun. After dinner they played outside for a while and I did a load of dishes and 2 loads of laundry.

I also learned it is best to change Becca's diaper right when she gets home from school, not at dinner time. She completely soaked though. Lesson learned.

I tucked Becca and the boys in at 8:00, and the girls stayed up until 9 working on homework. Ethan needed some snuggle time and kept saying "I want Mommy to come home." After they went to bed, I had nothing to do, so I puttered around on the iPad for a few minutes, then watched a couple shows on Netflix. Fell asleep around midnight. Weird to sleep in an empty bed. Roomy, but weird.

Day 2 | Day 3 | Day 4 | Day 5 | Day 6

Comments

Post a Comment