The Single Dad (Day 3)

I woke up today at 7:15. We got everyone dressed, Becca fed, and food packed for her, and headed out for donuts for breakfast. Now, I know you're thinking, Mom's away, we will just get treats all the time and keep the kids happy, but, they earned it. They have kept the house clean and helped out when asked so a treat is in order. Also, go find the Bill Cosby chocolate cake skit on youtube for more explanation. On the way to the store afterward the Taylor Swift song "Trouble" came on the radio, and when the chorus came on, I heard wails of "human goat" and "precious precious", check the links for the details. I have awesome kids.


After breakfast we went to Wal-mart to get some undershirts for the girls, pop-tarts, and cereal for breakfast tomorrow. Then we went to Old Navy and got some flip-flops for them as well. Becca was happy and when we got home we gave her the 11:00 feeding. Then Landon, Ethan and I read some stories, and it was lunchtime. We had homeade lunchables with cheese, Ritz crackers, bologna, and ham. After lunch, Emily and the boys wanted to play Legos, but Grace wanted to do watercolors. So they both did what they wanted.


Then the girls played Lego Batman on the Wii for about 45 minutes, while I read another story or two to Ethan. By then it was dinner time. (They build with the Legos for hours if I let them, and I did). Ethan got tired of waiting for dinner.


We had taco salad for dinner with Chili, cheese, and tomatoes. Then we had green grapes as a side dish and made oven s'mores. We were going to roast them over the fire pit, but it was raining. We put graham crackers, marshmallows and chocolate in tin-foil and then baked them at 250 for about 7-8 minutes. However, after opening them the chocolate was quite messy, so we put them in the fridge for about 30 minutes. They were delicious.


Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 4 | Day 5 | Day 6

Comments

  1. Sounds WAY fun!! You're such an Awesome Dad! I kind of wanted to get undershirts at Mod Bod, but who'm I to complain? ;) Wearing Ethan out is a good plan... I hope he's been sleeping well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh if only I lived at your house. I love smores.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will make you some next time you come.

      Delete

Post a Comment