The Single Dad (Day 5)

Woke up today at 7:15 got the kids ready for school. It snowed last night. I was going to try and take them to school but I couldn't figure out the best way to take them school and pick up the other kids before putting Becca on the bus, so I made them walk. It was less than 1/2 an inch of snow. Anyway, I took the boys to Aunt Deana's house and went to work. At 2:30 and Deana called and asked if I remembered it was early it out day. I didn't. So, I rushed to her house to pick up the boys but had to fill up with gas on the way. After picking up the boys I headed home.

On the way home I told the boys that tomorrow we were going to go pick up mommy at the airport.

Ethan said, "but I thought she was in Florida."

I said, "Yes but she's going to get on a plane and come home tomorrow."

Then Ethan said, "Is she going to jump out of the airplane with a parachute?"

"No, I said the plane will land and we will pick her up at the airport."

He's a funny little guy.

The girls got home before us, as did Becca, but luckily the bus drivers let the girls get Becca off the bus. The house was locked so the girls couldn't get in but luckily they only beat me by about five minutes, and Aunt Kelly was across the street.

When everybody got in the house we straightened up a little and they got out the Legos to play. I went to Little Caesars to get some pizza and breadsticks for dinner. After dinner, they did the dishes and then played Lego some more. I may or may not have fallen asleep on the couch for 1/2 an hour or so. Then it was bedtime Emily read the boys some stories, and I got Becca into bed. Then I watched a bunch of videos on YouTube until I got tired and went to bed. I am excited to go pick up Diana tomorrow. More than anything, I miss adult conversation in the evening.

Day 1 | Day 2 | Day 3 | Day 4 | Day 6

Comments